Pile in, everyone! 15-passenger vans are a great transportation option when traveling with a big group of people, especially when visiting a large city like Newark or New York City. They offer plenty of room for passengers and luggage, plus van rentals from VTI Van Rentals in Brooklyn offer lots of great features. But, operating a large van comes with some additional risks. If you’re planning to be in the driver’s seat, it’s not a bad idea to take some time and consider a few safety measures you can take. Then, you’re sure to have a great time!
Before You Drive Away
- Make sure your side mirrors are adjusted properly. Because of the length of the van, you’ll be relying more heavily on them than you generally would be while driving a standard-sized car.
- As the passengers board, fill the van from front to back. This will make the van easier to control with the weight focused towards the front of the van.
- Ask everyone to put on their seat belts. It’s the simplest, most effective way to save lives in the event of an accident.
On the Road
- Because 15-passenger vans are longer and weigh more than regular automobiles, they will take longer to respond to braking. In general, they’ll take longer to speed up, slow down, and change directions. Remember to take your time and give adequate space to change lanes.
- Particularly when getting onto a highway, be aware of the need for more time to accelerate.
- 15-passenger vans have a higher profile, making them potentially more erratic to operate during bad weather. Use your best judgement about driving during high winds.
Drive Safely With VTI
At VTI, customer satisfaction has always been our top priority. With professional and courteous service, competitive rates, and well-maintained vehicles, VTI stands apart from other rental companies in the area. We’ll make sure you have everything you need to safely drive one of our vans. From cargo vans to production rentals, our fleet includes the perfect solution for all types of rental needs in Brooklyn, NY, and the surrounding areas. Contact us today at (718) 313-0757 to rent a 15-passenger van, or request a reservation online.